If you’re not getting the notification e-mail from HealCode when a new prospect fills out the Prospect Widget, it is almost always because the e-mail our server sends you is being intercepted by anti-spam software on your computer or at your internet service provider (ISP). There’s a simple test you can do to see if this is the case – and if it is the case, there’s a simple fix.
Follow these steps
- Login to HealCode
- Click Manage Widgets
- Click on the Prospect Widget
- Add a second e-mail address in the Send E-mail Notifications field. We recommend that this second address be a Gmail address, although any e-mail that is not from your ISP should do the trick. (See section on Google/Gmail below).
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Now go to your website where the Prospect Widget is deployed and submit a test (i.e. fake) entry.
- Then check the Inbox of the e-mail account you set up in Step 4 above to see if you got the notification e-mail our server sent. It would be from [email protected]. If you did get this email, then you know our server sent it and that either your system or your ISP has spam software that intercepted it. You can then work on “whitelisting” [email protected]. Alternatively, you can just use the E-mail address that just worked.
- Now that you’ve gotten it working, you should log into your MINDBODY account and uncheck the “Active” box on the test/fake prospect for which you just created a record.
Tips on whitelisting "[email protected]"
On using Google Apps for E-mail
We advocate using Google Apps for your business e-mail instead of a traditional ISP (such as Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner or a cable service) provided email address. In Google Apps, you can create multiple email accounts for your domain name. It's also very reliable as of when we wrote this FAQ, it's free for businesses under 50 people. Here is a link if you decide to go that route:
If you want to go for the gold, you can also use Google Apps for documents, calendar, instant message, and more, all accessible via web, mobile, and configurable with other applications on your desktop. It is an amazing efficiency benefit for your business in general and deserves exploration.