Deploying HealCode widgets on a WordPress.org site is easy. Simply follow the steps below.
Note: Our widgets will ONLY work with WordPress.org sites and not WordPress.com. WordPress.com hosts the content on their servers and choose not allow third party software.
If you have a WordPress.com site you will need to upgrade to WordPress.org to use our widgets.
To find out if this applies to your site, please see the "WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org" document created by the people at WordPress.
- Log into your WordPress website
- Click on your name in the top-right corner
- Click Edit My Profile
- Once you get to your profile page, make sure the "Disable the visual editor when writing" checkbox is CHECKED
- Click "Update Profile" at the bottom
- Log into your HealCode account
- Locate the widget you'd like to deploy on your WordPress site and click Edit
- Scroll to the Deploy Your Widget section at the bottom
- Click to copy the code
- Navigate back to your WordPress tab
- Go to Pages and locate or create the page you'd like to have your widget on
- Paste the widget code right into the content area
- Update the page and view (you should see the widget loading when you view the page)
Go back to where you checked the "Disable the visual editor when writing" checkbox and uncheck it then save. This will allow for visual editing again on all your other pages/blog posts.
Please keep in mind that you cannot edit any pages/blog posts that the widget is on unless you go back and re-check the "Disable the visual editor when writing" checkbox. That must be selected in order to make any edits (even just to add some text unrelated to the widget). You will not need to do this for any other pages or blog posts though. Only if there is a widget on the page will you need to.
To avoid this, you can use our WordPress plugin "HealCode MINDBODY Widget".